Thursday, January 15, 2009

Politics of hate and the Indian Nazis

Accidentally read the Organizer editorial on Pashupathinath incident . In one article they managed to incite Hindus by calling them cowards - the way they put it tolerant mean coward - they showed hate towards Muslims -reference to Bamiyan. Finally they managed to blame the Pashupathinath incident on Christians. They cross boundaries of hate, these nazis.
If you are silent today, you will realise that politics of hate will affect you. Some of you might have realized how it feels to be targeted as a community when Bihari migrants in Mumbai were attacked by another hate-party. It is a disease, a cancer -if you do not stop it now, it will spread all over and cut off your body/country part by part.
The poem given below is interesting. Read Nazi history, Nazis come up by inciting people about how they did not get justice and fair share of the world.
"In Germany, they came first for the Communists, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Communist;
And then they came for the trade unionists, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a trade unionist;
And then they came for the Jews, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Jew;
And then . . . they came for me . . . And by that time there was no one left to speak up."
Translated for India ----
"In India, they came first for the untouchables, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t an untouchable;
And then they came for the Muslims, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn't a Muslim;
And then they came for the Christians, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Christian;
And then they came for the Biharis, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn't a Bihari;
And they came for .................
And then . . . they came for me . . . And by that time there was no one left to speak up."

No comments: